Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sauvie Island Farm


"Sauvie Island Farm Barn", oil 11" x 14"


"Peach Trees", oil 11" x 14"

Plein Air is full of changes, teaching one to "go with the flow".  On a recent visit to Sauvie Island Farm. the day was cloudy, then breezy, then sunny and hot.  I started out facing some flowering sage with dill and other greenery in front of the barn and distant hills.  After awhile, the sun came out with such glare on the painting and palette that I could barely see.  I left that one unfinished and started another in the shade of the peach orchard.  I don't bring an umbrella because they tend to get blown over by the wind, and it's just another item along with essentials, like painting supplies, camera and lunch.  The sage flowers were finished later in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment