Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Two Twin Rocks

The 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is over and I did manage to paint every day, but not to post a daily painting.  Computer glitches kept me away, also I wanted to spend some time working on larger formats, work that takes more than a few hours on one day.  One of the scenes I love and wanted to explore on a larger format is Rockaway Beach with the twin rocks offshore that my husband and I call "elephant rock". Sometimes it's an elephant, or a sea monster, or a castle and tunnel.  Previously I painted it on a 6" x 12" canvas, this one is 16" x 20", with more space for the waves and sky, a grayer palette.  I'll continue to paint small and large, and sketch from photos and real life.  You may see me in a cafe with my sketchbook!


Rockaway Twin Rocks, 16" x 20


Rockaway Twin Rocks 6" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment