Friday, July 29, 2011

Verdant View




I started this 10" x 10" painting a few weeks ago after a walk through a densely forested trail at Rooster Rock park. It was one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" situations. Suddenly, light was revealed through the "V" of an old tree covered with moss, and luckily my camera was with me. I used different acrylic media to accentuate the textures of moss and bark.




Next month I have several shows! Two of my plein air paintings will be on display at the Hillsboro Plein Air Exhibition August 2-31 at the Walters Cultural Arts Center main gallery. The opening is Tuesday August 2 at 6:00 pm, with music and refreshments!




Next First Thursday August 4, I'll have two paintings as part of "According to Northwest Light" at the Albina Bank in the Pearl District. The reception is 6:00-9:00 pm, and Albina Bank is located at 430 NW 10th Avenue, Portland 97209. Come on by!

1 comment: