Friday, August 24, 2018

Summer Plein Air

 Summer Meadow, Powell Butte
 Sauvie Island Wetland
 Columbia Gorge at Rooster Rock
Villa Catalana Pond

This summer I have not been able to paint plein air as much as I'd like for a variety of reasons, although it is always such a pleasure and challenge!  These are a few that were completed this summer.

In May I painted at Powell Butte Nature Park, beautiful at all times of year even when views of mountains are obscured by clouds. 

I've also painted at Sauvie Island and the Columbia Gorge at Rooster Rock State Park.  The painting of the Gorge is currently on view at Oregon Society of Artists, then will move to Rose Schnitzer Manor at Cedar Sinai Park after September 9.  

In August I painted at Villa Catalana as part of their annual Art in the Garden.  I completed a painting of the stone villa started the previous year from the same location, then turned my attention to the pond with water lilies and lotus flowers.  It was like a vacation in Europe in Oregon City!

No comments:

Post a Comment