Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sunday




After a few days in Las Vegas, inspired by Cirque du Soleil, I revisited the portrait of Gabrielle, who seemed blue and lonely. I added pink clothing and more color in the background. Is she an acrobat or dancer at rest?




At PNCA last Sunday, there was the usual format of one and two minute sketches, then a long pose for several hours. My first painting had something wrong with the proportions that I could not fix, so I completed a second painting from the same view point. Back in my studio, I tried to obliterate the figure in the first painting with broad strokes, but she refused to disappear. I decided I like the look of the loose strokes suggesting movement and a more three dimensional approach. Both are in Valentine colors, cool and warm.




















No comments:

Post a Comment