Thursday, October 28, 2010

Small Treasures


The November Gallery Show of the Oregon Society of Artists is called "Small Treasures" consisting of 6"x 6" panels arranged vertically, four for each artist. I've completed 4, working on a 5th as a last minute maybe substitute, since they're small they get done fast! My theme is "reflections" in water, based on some of the places I've visited lately: Benson Lake on the Columbia Gorge, the creek at Reed College, the pond at Laurelhurst park. The show opens on Halloween, Sunday October 31, 1-4:00pm, and closes December 3. All will be priced reasonably for holiday gifting!


Also this month I will have one 10" square landscape painting on view at Muse Art downtown Portland at 10th & Yamhill, reception Friday November 12, 6-8pm.


Working on more landscapes in acrylic, experimenting with adding collage as texture, some small studies of reflections and some larger and brighter to cheer me up on gray days. If the drizzle lets up, I'm going outside in search of Fall color!

No comments:

Post a Comment